As a vegan I am faced with the same question on a daily basis, "What do you eat?!". This blog is dedicated to answering that question.

Look a little closer and you will discover that there is more to the world of food than meat, cheese and eggs. Come on a journey with me to discover the copious array of spices, vegetables and flowers used in vegan cooking.

Monday, November 1, 2010

S'mores


Many people do not know marshmallows are not animal friendly. The truth is, they contain animal gelatin, which is made from lots of nasty bi-products of the animal industry.

Having spent the past 15 years as a vegetarian, I had not had a s'more for all this time until I discovered "Sweet & Sara" Vegan marshmellows. The are light, fluffy, catch fire and puff up just like regular marshmallows, the only difference is that they are square and cruelty free! Shown here they are paired with "Organic Amaranth Graham Crackers by Health Valley" (one of the few Honey free options) and a good dark chocolate. Yummmm!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the positive comment!!
    I really am proud of the new design. Mostly because I figured it all out myself.

    PS the smores look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This topic is so interesting to me...veganism that is and my sis-in-law would love your blog...am sending her the link right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I'm also a vegetarian :D nice to know!

    ReplyDelete